Isle of Hope Baptist Child Development Center is currently looking to fill an immediate opening for an Assistant Teacher. At IOH Baptist CDC, we take pride in caring for children in a safe and loving Christian atmosphere. The Assistant Teacher supports the Lead Teachers and Director by helping to create this environment for our children while assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. The applicant must be able to communicate, listen, and work well with others in a team-oriented environment. They must also be able to efficiently assist staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents. The Assistant Teacher observes and documents children’s activities, meals/snacks, and progress throughout each day, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant Teacher are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Lead Teacher and Director. The applicant must be flexible. Monday through Friday, no weekends.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
● Assist lead teachers in the lesson plan and schedule implementation, supervision, and
management while encouraging and supporting participation by children that align with our program goals.
● Manage regular cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
● Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and daily progress reports.
● Respect confidentiality of IOH Baptist CDC families and staff members.
● Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
● Ensure a constant safe and healthy environment.
● Be knowledgeable of and adhere to state licensing regulations, as well as IOH Baptist CDC’s policies and procedures.
● Experience: childcare, 1 year (Preferred)
● Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
● Working Days: Monday - Friday (Required)
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
● Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience (preferred, not required).
● Ability to maintain high energy and a positive attitude.
● Ability to work well with others.
● Strong oral and written communication skills a must.
● A strong understanding of child development.
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification a plus.
● Must clear a full background check.
● Must pass a health screening.
● Must be at least 18 years old.
● High School Diploma/GED is required.
● Must have reliable transportation.
● Flexible schedule
● Paid time off
● 8-hour shift
● Day shift
● Monday to Friday
Typical start time - 7AM / Typical end time - 6PM
Work Location - One Location
*******To Apply - Please send your resume and contact information to -*******
CDC Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/IsleOfHopeBaptistCDC